Join Our Team
EarthDance Job Description – Administrative Assistant
EarthDance is currently hiring an Administrative Assistant.
Administrative / Office Management (50%)
- Answer phones, return calls, distribute messages
- General data entry
- Maintain Executive Office files (org., financial, events, topic, etc.)
- Maintain files throughout the EarthDance Office
- Manage administrative calendar
- Track and maintain office supplies
- Troubleshoot telecommunications (fax, internet, answering machine)
- Record and deliver staff meeting minutes
- Maintain organization of Google Documents
Executive Assistant (45%)
- Manage Director emails and communicate priorities, respond when appropriate
- Plan and coordinate Director’s schedule
- Assist in preparation for Board Meetings
- Serve as point person with City of Ferguson (i.e. apply for permits)
- Liaise with other office staff
- Run errands as needed
- Maintain flexibility in schedule for projects as they arise
- Order print materials (business cards, brochures, class cards, discount cards)
- Assist with e-marketing as needed
- Cell phone communication
- Frequent computer and internet access (including use of personal laptop for office work)
- Reliable transportation or the ability to navigate the public transportation system
HOURS & COMPENSATION: This position is full-time with an hourly rate of $10-$12/hour, depending on experience, and has potential to become a full-time, year-round, salaried position, including a health insurance stipend and retirement benefits. In addition, the Administrative Assistant will receive a weekly CSA share during the CSA season.
TO APPLY: Please email a resume, cover letter, and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Administrative Assistant”
EarthDance Organic Farm School is seeking applicants for the AmeriCorps position of Youth Educator. The successful candidate for this position will work with the young people ages 5-21 of EarthDance’s YEAH (Youth Exploring Agriculture & Health) Program to cultivate fresh food, raise nutrition awareness and teach cooking skills, and empower youth to become food leaders.
- Leading teens in farm-based job training
- Teaching nutrition lessons and encouraging young people to eat fruits and vegetables to help them start a lifelong habit of healthy eating
- Promoting, scheduling, and leading field trips for youth groups
- Developing curriculum for farm-based lessons
- Planning taste testing with Food Service at schools
- Youth volunteer recruitment, training, and management
Download the full job description here: EarthDance Youth Educator Job Description.
Position will begin in August 2016. AmeriCorps positions entail a 12-month commitment, but may become full-time permanent positions pending funding and organizational need.
Compensation: AmeriCorps living allowance, health care coverage, and an EarthDance CSA Share. If you are unfamiliar with AmeriCorps, please read about the program here.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to Program Director Rachel Levi, rachel [at] earthdancefarms [dot] org. Applicants will also need to apply through the AmeriCorps site. Apply here!
Junior Farm Crew at EarthDance
This year, EarthDance will partner with Mers Goodwill’s Ferguson Forward initiative to provide summer jobs to eight young people ages 16-21 of the area. Junior Farm Crew members will:
- Learn about the food system and organic agriculture
- Assist with farm work, including planting and harvesting crops and caring for chickens
- Practice cooking with fresh produce and trying new foods
- Learn and practice public speaking skills as they conduct farm tours
- Participate in community outreach to study food access in Ferguson
- Complete EarthDance’s Application. Click here.
- Complete the Ferguson Forward application: http://mersgoodwill.org/ferguson-application .
EarthDance has openings for several Intern Positions!
EarthDance is teaming up with Saint Louis University to offer federal work-study-eligible students the opportunity to earn $10/hr while volunteering at the farm! We are currently seeking interns for the following positions:
Please visit SLU’s website for more information on the Community Service Work Study program!
EarthDance is also accepting applications for unpaid internships from non-SLU students and other interested volunteers.